Reports to: Director, Strategic Promotions
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Strategic Promotions, this position will develop the strategy and supervise the daily operations of all Promotions and Social Media functions and its associated staff, as well as the Public Relations function. Responsible for imaginatively articulating the mission and values of Bay.Org and its six branches to its various audiences including school groups, tourists, members, patrons, sponsors, supporters, among others.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and Implementation:
- Lead the development and implementation of both one-year and multi-year strategic, multi-channel, integrated marketing plans that leverage traditional and digital media to favorably position the collections, exhibitions, programs, and research at Bay.Org and to facilitate audience and visitor growth in support of the institutions mission and goals.
- Identify and prioritize new and existing target markets to maximize the deployment of marketing resources.
- Collaborate both inter- and cross-departmentally to develop marketing plans and strategies.
- Effectively and continuously communicate on the status of plan execution.
- Develop and manage the production and distribution of Newsletter, Email Communiques, Website updates, Public Service Announcements etc.
- Support Bay.Org’s efforts to further establish and define institutional identity/brand, by consulting widely across the organization and working closely with colleagues in Design, Exhibits, Education, external consultants and editorial resources to ensure clarity and ongoing reflection of our values and mission.
- Set and monitor marketing campaign effectiveness (especially for online and social media campaigns), producing timely reports, and developing contingency strategies as required.
- Work with the Director of Strategic Promotions, Director of Tourism and Events Sales Services, and Director of Visitor Services on regular and relevant market and audience research, including the monitoring of specific trends and best practices. Recommend and incorporate changes where appropriate to maintain and promote the Aquarium as a destination. Work closely with San Francisco Travel, Pier #39 and other agencies; review visitor demographic and tourism trend reports and recommend reactive and proactive measures.
Project and program management:
Candidates must meet the following basic qualifications to be considered for this position:
Bachelor’s degree and experience in the hospitality industry; Science background preferred.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Strategic Promotions Coordinator” in the subject line.