FACILITIES and MAINTENANCE STAFF
Facilities and Maintenance Staff work on the daily maintenance of the buildings. Under the direction of the department manager and director they perform all scheduled and non-scheduled work requests and special projects including but not limited to painting, patching walls, cleaning and repairing areas.
This position reports to the Manager of Facilities and Life Support Systems and Director of Facilities and Life Support Systems
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform daily maintenance functions on the buildings
- Assure that the Facilities are in good working conditions
- Maintain restrooms and building plumbing issues
- Paint and repair walls, railings and offices as needed
- Move large office items as needed
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Perform minor electrical work from changing lightbulbs to assisting in wiring issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of general building functions
- Knowledge of basic electricity & electronics and troubleshooting required
- Knowledge in blueprint/schematics reading
- Considerable skills in operating power tools
- Considerable skills in maintenance mechanics
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak clearly and understand oral and written direction.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of verifiable experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required, college or technical certification preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand (for up to 8 hours), sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The position requires walking on concrete floors and climbing stairs, standing, and intervals of time outdoors in varying environmental conditions. Must be able to work in tight spaces. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must either have or be able to attain a California Driver’s License and be willing to be trained to drive a large vehicle and drive for off-site meetings/special events. DMV clearance required upon hire.
- This is a full-time, non- exempt position
- The schedule for this position is to be determined
- Weekend, nights and holidays may be required
- Statutory benefits included after an introductory period has been completed
Please send a cover letter with your resume and link to your online portfolio (or attach PDF examples of your work) to: Human Resources Director, Laura Canaya at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “FACILITIES and MAINTENANCE STAFF” in the subject line.